Many people think that cashmere is fine wool, but it is not. Cashmere is different from wool.
Cashmere is grown on goats, and wool is grown on sheep.
One: the difference between cashmere and wool
1. The scales of wool are arranged tighter and thicker than cashmere, and its texture is greater than cashmere. Cashmere fiber has small and smooth scales, and there is an air layer in the middle of the fiber, so it is light in weight and smooth in hand.
2. The crimp degree of wool is lower than that of cashmere. The crimp number, crimp rate and crimp recovery rate of cashmere fiber are larger. It is suitable for processing into knitwear with full hand feeling, softness and good elasticity. It is comfortable and natural to wear. Good reduction properties, especially in terms of non-shrinkage after washing and good shape retention. Because cashmere has high natural crimp, it is tightly arranged in spinning and weaving, and has good cohesion, so it has good warmth retention, which is 1.5 to 2 times that of wool.
3. The leather content of cashmere is higher than that of wool, and the rigidity of cashmere fiber is better than that of wool, that is, cashmere is softer than wool.
4. The unevenness of fineness of cashmere is smaller than that of wool, and the appearance quality of its products is better than that of wool.
5. The fineness of cashmere fiber is uniform, its density is smaller than that of wool, and the cross section is mostly regular circular, and its products are lighter and thinner than wool products.
6. Cashmere has better moisture absorption than wool, can fully absorb dyes, and is not easy to fade. The moisture regain is high and the resistance value is relatively large.
7. Wool has better acid and alkali resistance than cashmere, and is less damaged than cashmere when it encounters oxidants and reducing agents.