Many people think that cashmere is fine wool. In fact, cashmere is different from wool.
Cashmere is grown on goats and wool is grown on sheep.
One: The difference between cashmere and wool
1. The scales of wool are denser and thicker than cashmere, and the shrinkage is greater than that of cashmere. The scales of the cashmere fiber are small and smooth, and there is an air layer in the middle of the fiber, so it is light and smooth.
2. The crimp of wool is smaller than that of cashmere. The number of crimps, the crimp rate, and the crimp recovery rate of cashmere fibers are large. It is suitable for processing into full-feeling, soft, and elastic knitwear. It is comfortable and natural to wear, and has Good reduction characteristics, especially in non-shrinking after washing, good shape retention, etc. Because cashmere has a high degree of natural curl, it is tightly arranged in spinning and weaving, and has good cohesion, so it has good heat retention, which is 1.5 to 2 times that of wool.
3. The leather content of cashmere is higher than that of wool, and the rigidity of cashmere fibers is better than that of wool, that is, cashmere is softer than wool.
4. The fineness of cashmere is smaller than that of wool, and the appearance quality of its products is better than wool.
5. The cashmere fiber has uniform fineness, its density is smaller than that of wool, and its cross section is mostly regular round, and its products are thinner than wool products.
6. Cashmere has better hygroscopicity than wool, which can fully absorb dyes and is not easy to fade. The moisture regain is high, and the resistance value is relatively large.
7. Wool has better acid and alkali resistance than cashmere, and it also has less damage than cashmere when it encounters oxidants and reducing agents.