1. Compactness: Sodium-based bentonite forms a high-density diaphragm under the condition of water pressure. When the thickness is about 3mm, its water permeability is 5 × 10ˉ11m / s, which is equivalent to 100 times the compactness of 30cm thick clay. It has a strong density. Self-retaining performance.
2. Permanent waterproof performance: Because sodium-based bentonite is a natural inorganic material, even after a long time or the surrounding environment changes, it will not cause aging or corrosion, so the waterproof performance is durable.
3. Simple construction: Compared with other waterproof materials, the construction is relatively simple and does not require heating and pasting. Just connect and fix with bentonite powder and nails, washers, etc. No special inspection is required after construction, and it is easy to repair if water-proof defects are found. GCL has the shortest construction period among existing waterproof materials.
4. Not affected by temperature: it will not be brittle in cold climates.
5. Integration of waterproof material and object: Sodium-based bentonite has an expansion capacity of 20 to 28 times when it encounters water. Even if the concrete structure vibrates and subsides, the bentonite in GCL can repair cracks on the concrete surface within 2mm.
6. Green and environmental protection: Bentonite is a natural inorganic material, which has no special impact on the environment and has good environmental performance.
The cost performance is high and the application is very wide. The product width can reach 6 meters, which greatly improves the construction efficiency.
Scope and application conditions are suitable for municipal (garbage landfill), water conservancy, environmental protection, artificial lakes and building underground waterproof and anti-seepage projects.